Posts tagged under maternal mortality
By Nicola Pocock, on September 23rd, 2010
- Malaria deaths and infections in Cambodia rose sharply in 2009
- Cambodia Struggles to Reduce Maternal Deaths; especially in remote areas. In Thma Da commune (on the Thai border), 1 trained health worker per 4000 people scattered across difficult to reach, muddy terrain.
- Alarming Maternal Deaths Require a Mix of Solutions
- Cambodia needs more midwives to reduce maternal deaths
- Changes needed to lower maternal deaths; unsafe abortions result in 20 percent to 29 percent of all maternal deaths, traditional birth attendants need more and better training to prevent unnecessary fatalities.
- Ignorance jeopardises Chin children’s health
- Maternal mortality remains high; 316 deaths per 100 000 live births.
- Maternal Mortality Rates Not Making Sufficient Progress to Meet MDGs; 230 deaths per 100,000 live births.
- UNICEF warns of MDG gaps in Philippines; regional disparities persist.